The ZOLL AED Plus is the worlds first and only Full-Rescue Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) that instructs the rescuer with both CPR and defibrillation. For infrequent users, the AED Plus supports the complete chain of survival and provides defibrillation, step-by-step CPR instructions and Real CPR Help feedback on compression rate and depth to help rescuers provide the best manual CPR possible. They are safe, simple, and unless used ZOLL AED Plus has NO ongoing costs for 5 years.
• Measuring Chest Compression with Real CPR Help: The force required to depress the chest during CPR varies with the patient’s size and build. The standard measure of chest compression quality, however, is not force but depth. The Real CPR Help technology in ZOLL’s CPR-D-padz includes a hand placement locator, an accelerometer, electronics, and a processing algorithm that work together to measure vertical displacement in space as each compression occurs.
• One Size Fits All: ZOLL’s one-piece electrode design accounts for anatomical variation. Based on extensive human data, CPR-D-padz meet the anthropometric chest characteristics of 99% of the population. If needed, the lower (apex) electrode can be separated and adjusted to accommodate the remaining 1% of the population.
• Simplified Placement: Affixing two separate electrode pads to the patient’s bare chest can be confusing to a lay rescuer. ZOLL’s CPR-D-padz simplify this step by guiding placement of the red crosshairs at the center of the imaginary line connecting the patient’s nipples. Once in place, the hand-locator and the two electrode pads fall naturally into optimal position for both defibrillation and CPR.
• Five-Year Shelf Life: All AED electrodes transmit defibrillating electricity into the patient via metal in close contact with a salt-infused gel that is positioned between the metal and the skin. Over time, however, the salt in the gel will corrode the metal and eventually compromise electrode functionality. ZOLL’s novel electrode design includes a sacrificial element that prevents significant corrosion for five years, which is unmatched in the market today.
• One Piece CPR Chest Electrode Pad System
• Text and Voice Prompts
• World’s First and Only Full-Rescue Automatic External Defibrillator
• Downloadable Data Review Capabilities
• Meets ARC guidelines 2006
• Dust Dirt & Water Resistant to IP 55 (most other AEDs are around IP20)